I think my first fear in becoming a father was the fear of having a daughter. The second fear was that when I ask my son if he wants to play catch, he might say something like, "but dad, all I want to do is dance!" Not that there's anything wrong with that--if it turns out Seth would rather do ballet than baseball, that's fine, as long as he enjoys it. But there's just something special about a son liking the same things as his dad. I always wanted Seth to like baseball because frankly, Lindsay throws a little like a girl, and I need someone to play catch with. Even at the tender age of 13 months, Seth is already putting my fears to rest. His first word was "ball", and all he ever wants to do is play catch or hit the ball. As soon as he sees me walk in the door he starts muttering "ball, ball, ball..." as he staggers around looking for one to play catch with. It's pretty fun.
4 comments:
He's so cute! I love how he giggles every time he hits it...so adorable. --The Samples
dude aaron, what's with all the anti-girl comments? didn't want a daughter (even afraid to have one?), lindsay throws like a girl, don't want a girly boy... give a girl a break!
haha, i'm not anti-girl--i just find it hard enough to understand your kind, it's going to be that much more difficult when i have to raise one...i'm looking forward to it, but it doesn't mean it's not frightening....
Such a cool little guy. Good or bad, he's all boy.
Post a Comment