5.23.2008

Mother's Day, sweater vest behavior, and a draping habit


I guess it's not too late to blog about my Mother's Day. Both my boys made it a wonderful day. Aaron cooked me dinner and did the dishes. I wasn't expecting it, but Seth gave me a nice gift. For the first time in months, he sat on our laps during church and let us actually get something out of the meetings, and we were able to stay the whole time. For those of you who are unfamiliar with our church, it's 3 hours long! I better not get started on my "how in the world is 3 hours of church really necessary" rant. But I love our church and I guess, after all, I kind of missed attending the whole thing--or I've just felt guilty. Some say that if you dress in nice clothes, you tend to act more refined. Maybe it was the sweater vest that day. Not only did he behave during church, but came home and took a giant nap, thus allowing me to take a giant nap. What a great day.
On another note, these pictures of Seth in his magic vest happen to show him doing one of his new favorite things: draping. He'll take something made of cloth (a dishtowel or a shirt) and spend a long time carefully draping it over an object, taking it off, and repeating this process over and over with a huge smile on his face. Many years ago, when my nephew Haedon was about 5 years old, he'd do an impression of Christopher Lowell (the TV interior designer). He'd say in an effeminate voice "What's the magic word? FABRIC!" With Seth's new found love for fabric, I've got a little Christopher Lowell decorating our place (sans the voice).

No comments: