2.26.2011

San Diego Winter Pics

Lately I've had a bit more time to take some pictures. I know I need to take more shots of the kids, but they move too much, so I'm sticking with beaches and piers.  Within the last couple weeks, we've spent some evenings watching the sun go down over the ocean. Here are a few examples of the photographic exploits.

Torrey Pines State Beach is about 7 miles north of our place.




Scripps Beach north of Scripps Pier and La Jolla Shores - about 3 miles from our place.



The Scripps Institute of Oceanography Pier is my most photographed landmark.  A thirty-second exposure after the stars came out:


And a California Brown Pelican at the La Jolla Cove a couple weeks ago:


A small flock of sanderlings in the surf at Torrey Pines:

1 comment:

Prince said...

aaron dear, would you be a dear and send me the dear photo of the dear pier? i love it and want to impress my coworkers by putting it as my desktop photo and claim it as my own. okay, okay...i'll give you credit deary :)

p.s. i adore your wife...your family is so wonderful!!! miss you guys more than you know