3.07.2011

I Have a Problem

There was a party at church for all the little kids--a car party. Each kid was supposed to bring a cardboard box car with straps over their shoulders that they could run around in. Unfortunately for Seth, I got a little too excited about the project and by the time this rig (which was way too big a box to begin with) had a flashing light, ladder, headlights, and a hose, it was way too heavy and cumbersome for him to participate in the car races. Yeah, we showed up with a fancy car, but I felt embarrassed. Seth simply shed his truck and ran around the track with the kids. Well, the truck was a lot of fun for the kids to play in all week (more like a play house than a vehicle).

A week after the party, one of our neighbors suggested that if we all had our cars still, we could meet at the playground and let the kids have a few more races. Seth begged me to make him a small, fast car. All he wanted wanted was a couple "S"s on the sides (for Seth). My favorite request was "Please mom--put fake headlights on it! All the other kids had fake headlights!" Fine. The 15 minutes I put into the second car was all I should have done in the first place, but I'm just like that.

9 comments:

Ruth said...

adorable! I love both the cars. Lucky kid to have you for a mom.

Yo said...

too funny - over achiever:)!

Kristen said...

Great post. We loved both of Seth's cars. Still totally worth the effort Lindsay!

Prince said...

you've still got it going on girl! i love your dedication to the craft :) you're inspiring lindsay.

Lindsay said...

thanks friends. you're such enablers to my problem though!

Unknown said...

First it was the Viking Halloween costumes and now this. Amazing creativity. Isn't it wonderful to be a mother.

Dad

Lisa J. said...

You are KILLING me with your creativity! How do you do it?!?

Jeannine said...

Wow Lindsay! These are gorgeous!!! This is so like me. I always go overboard too!!! Sometimes it is a somewhat regrettable cause and sometimes it is sooo worth it. I think it is the way we "stay at home moms" get that fulfillment that every one talks about when they say they need more in life than being home.Good job!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAAAA!!!! That is hilarious!!! You guys are great. :) One year, my sister and I were a pair of dice for halloween... made out of HUGE cardboard boxes (at least they were huge for us at the age of 7 and 9!!), and by the middle of the night, it was the most painful thing ever. We all still joke to this day about that costume and the pain! :) But we sure looked cute. Your story brought a smile to my face! Thanks for the story...!!
--Anna