2.07.2009

Kickies Peese!


I can't believe how quickly Seth has been growing up. He's still one of the tiniest 22-month old kids I've seen, but his features have really matured, and he is a pretty smart (i.e. crafty) munchkin. His language is really improving every day. He uses articles and adjectives and verbs now, instead of just object nouns (e.g. "da blue horse" instead of "horse", and it's dad!). Our favorite is that he likes to add the suffix "-y" or "-ie" at the end of his words. When he wants one of his favorite cereals, Kix, he'll say "Kickies peese!". One of his favorite animals is a "gowilly" (gorilla), and his best friend/cousin Sam is "Sammy!" (always yelled enthusiastically).
In other news, Lindsay is still pregnant, but due any day. Should be interesting to see how Seth deals with a competitive drain of parental attenion.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until he learns my name and puts an "ie" on the end. I prefer "ie" to "y" for some reason...so please explain that to Seth. I'm sure he'll understand. He's such a little man!

All my best birthing thoughts are with you guys this week.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I have to object to this picture. I mean, you're totally trying to pass Seth off as this calm, introspective, pensive kid. We all know this picture does not represent any kind of reality for Seth's daily living. When I see this picture I think, "What a cute kid, and great shot by Aaron, but that's not the Seth I know."

We love having that boy over and love his energy and happiness, really truly. I will not, however, hold my breath for him to be as contemplative as he deviously appears to be here.

Aaron said...

true, seth will likely never be known for calmness. we know, he's crazy. however, i disagree concerning his propensity for introspection and pensiveness. i have personally witnessed him contemplating the mysteries of a bobblehead or a game of basketball for long periods of time, and have caught him talking to himself, working out important life problems like "how can i manipulate things in order to improve my candy situation?" or "where can i hide so Mom and Dad don't see me drawing in these expensive medical books?"

Aaron said...

and to be fair, this picture was taken in a state of lethargy.

camfox said...

Camille again. (Kris and Jenn's friend.) Awesome photo.
Can you please tell me which blogger template you're using that allows you to post larger pictures? I would really like to change mine. Thank you for your help fox@kermantel.net

Aaron said...

i think it's called minima stretch?