2.13.2009

Fetus Love


I finally told Aaron we should probably capture a picture of Seth and his obsession with my bare, pregnant belly--to document how Seth and I spend much of our time together lately. He really can't get enough of my belly: cuddling on it and saying "bebe". He'll often try to engage in other pursuits while striving to maintain contact with me and the baby. Example: Seth will hand Aaron a baseball bat and have him stand close enough to us so he can cuddle my tummy while pitching the ball to Aaron. Sometimes it seems the cuddling isn't enough. He'll continually reposition himself on me, with some straining and mild frustration, as if he's trying to return to the womb. I don't think he realizes how bored and squished he'd be in there. I indulge his obsession while we're at home, but he gets pretty upset when I don't let him lift up my shirt in public for a mid-grocery store love session. Believe me, NOBODY needs to see my pasty white enormous belly with a huge outy of a belly button when they turn their cart into the cereal aisle. It's embarrassing enough that my belly button's been headlighting the world through my shirt for the past few months. The only thing that makes the above picture publishable on our blog is that Seth is covering up my outy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the boy...love the bump...love you! Tomorrow's the date...will she come or won't she????

(Hey Aaron...the Taylor guitar tour is free! Let me know when you want details.)

Sarah said...

thats one beautiful bellah.

camfox said...

I love this picture!