6.14.2007

Seth slaps his mom in the face?

Well, he may as well! Like a lot of babes his age, Seth breastfeeds. While I try to focus on the lovely feelings of the bond it creates between us, and the ego-feed of being able to sustain such a cute creature off of my secretions--Seth likes to remind me that I'm not all that. I'll latch him onto the breast, and sometimes he'll taste the milk and get this look on his face like it came from a carton that expired last month. It really hurts my feelings. I tell him I'm giving him the good stuff, and that I swear it's fresh. Eventually he'll settle in and relent to drinking it, but on occasion he still likes to flip me off while he's nursing. That's right, he'll lay there sucking away, but with his hand resting on my boob with his middle finger up, just to send me the message--I'll drink your stinking milk, but I don't like it. This week he started biting too. I know they say not to bite the hand that feeds you, but a dude must have written that, because the breast totally trumps the hand.

1 comment:

Nations said...

Sam totally flipped me off the other day too! These kids, they don't appreciate mother's milk like we did. At least mine's not biting yet, but with Seth's influence it's probably just around the corner.