6.18.2008

Giants 8, Tigers 6

I'm used to going to anywhere from 10-15 professional baseball games a year. If it were my choice, I'd be going everyday. It just never gets old to me. For the last few years 10-15 has sufficed. Having been to only a single game this year, I just had to catch a game while we were up in the bay area. We went with our good friends Nate and Jane (and little Anna) who were our next-door neighbors in La Jolla, but are now living in Menlo Park. My favorite pitcher to watch, Tim Lincecum, started for the Giants, and the Tigers had their best pitcher, Justin Verlander--so we were pretty lucky. The game was pretty exciting with come-from-behind home runs and some dramatic 9th inning tension. Best of all, the Giants won.

My father-in-law lent me his 80-400mm Nikon lens for the game. It's on my own wishlist, but I doubt I'll be adding one to my own camera bag until I'm raking in some dough of my own. Anyway, even though we were sitting in the upper deck, I got some pretty good shots. If we had good seats, I probably could have got some tight shots of the action with facial expressions and the like.



update: is this pic any better jane? you're stylistically blurred....

5 comments:

Matt said...

i must know - what camera do you have? you've got some great shots all over this site, and i'm brimming with envy.

Aaron said...

i shoot with a Nikon D70 (no longer made--Nikon now makes the D80 instead). the lens that I shoot with most often is a Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR. i believe it is the best and most versatile lens for all-around amateur shots. I often shoot with a Nikon SB-800 flash which I also highly recommend. It talks to the camera and easily swivels up and down and side to side so that you can bounce the flash in any direction. it really makes a big difference for indoor, low light shots if you're shooting with a telephoto (like the 18-200mm that i usually shoot with) as opposed to a prime lens--so most of my indoor shots include that flash.

jane maynard said...

first of all, I look stupid. second of all, lindsay looks about 2 million times cooler than nate and I. not fair. I need to get some cool hats or something. and a tiger blanket.

jane maynard said...

ps...we're so glad we got to hang out with you and see a giants game - such a fun night!

Lindsay said...

dear jane--the hats are an ongoing habit of an OR nurse who never wants to do her hair. good luck finding a tiger blanket as awesome as ours.

dear everyone--jane maynard is much sexier than this photo demonstrates. maybe your camera ISN'T that great aaron.