If you've been following the news at all, you might have noticed that many neighborhoods in the San Diego area are burning down, and the wind keeps blowing. The smoke is pretty bad, classes at UCSD are cancelled, and all we can really do is sit in our apartment with the windows shut. We're just thankful we don't have to evacuate...yet (the closest fires are 5-10 miles away). I've got a lump in my throat all day watching the people on the news who've lost their homes, and just hope our friend Jane and her family won't be among them (the fire's creeping really close to them). As for our little family, it's getting stuffy in this apartment and it's tough to concentrate on anything (aaron's having a hard time studying) because it feels a little like the world's coming to an end outside our door (we're repenting just in case). We're glad my brother Jeff emailed us a link to a
fun Halloween game, it kept Aaron and I entertained for a good hour. I guess I'll try to go back to my costume-making. Seth's going to be the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man for Halloween. And yes, if we had to evacuate, I'd definitely grab the costume. I just couldn't bear to see it on the news in a pile of ashes, looking like a toasted marshmallow.
This is the smoky view from our apartment balcony. (It's much spookier in person)

1 comment:
stay safe! we're thinking about you.
Post a Comment