10.26.2007

Halloween Couture


My love for Halloween costumes was motivation enough to inspire me to get out the manual for the sewing machine my mom bought me two Christmases ago, and learn how to use it. I'm such a homemaker. Since I work full-time at home now, I sometimes like to pretend that the hours I put in are still compensated with the same hourly wages I made in the operating room. (I should start turning in timecards to Aaron). With that in mind, the costume I sewed for Seth should cost around $1000. That's quite a designer piece of art. Unfortunately, the market for quick-moving surgical nurses is much greater than the market for incredibly inefficient baby costume seamstresses. Oh well, getting paid for the things I do in units of love is pretty great. I really wanted to dress up as Gozer (the chick with the flat top in the spandex suit), and assemble a ghostbuster suit for Aaron, but then I remembered we don't really have anywhere to go for Halloween. Plus, I'm already on costume overtime.

2 comments:

Nations said...

I think this costume tops that white one you made in BYU days. You know, the one where you had that enormous white hat? The costume seriously looks AMAZING. It makes me feel completely inadequate as a home maker.

Karen said...

Lindsay, I am impressed. Your sewing skills are fabulous! I have made some things that if you paid me by the hour would have cost a great deal as well. I guess that's not my calling either due to inefficiency. Your little Seth made an adorable Stay Puft marshmallow man! The costume was worth $1000, but the baby in it is priceless!

Auntie Karen