So, I just turned 33 and had a very enjoyable birthday. Aaron's a big online shopper, so gifts came to our front door while he was at the hospital. I was going to wait for Aaron before opening them, but there was no mistaking this baker's peel (it's kind of like a giant wooden spatula) when it showed up wrapped in black plastic. I had been wanting one because it's a nice tool to have when you're into baking pizza or rustic breads on a preheated, super hot stone (if you don't cook your pizza like this, I highly recommend it). He ordered a large one, thinking it would bring him big pizzas some day, but he didn't realize it would be THIS big. We had a decent laugh (I mean this thing's got a 3 foot handle) and Aaron said there was no way he'd let me return it because it's SO awesome. Well, I guess we'll add it to our collection--we have the hugest pepper grinder and wall clock too. I hope this doesn't start a trend of oversized gifts from friends or family who find our collection amusing. Our apartment is only so big.My cousin and her husband, Jenn and Kris, treated us to awesome Thai food that night, as well as a delicious chocolaty dessert with raspberries. Thanks so much! Plus, our 2 year old boys had a dance party that night, much to our amusement. Those sweeties know how to cut a rug.
The next night, our incredibly thoughtful friends, Pasi and Lisa, came over to watch our kids for us so that I could enjoy some kid-free time with Aaron for my birthday. As if that wasn't awesome enough, they brought me a generous gift too. Aaron and I loved our picnic of fine cheeses (french port salut, scottish sharp white cheddar, 5 year old dutch gouda) at the beach, just the two of us.
10 comments:
Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a good one and I'm glad you had some super yummy food, but more importantly DESSERT! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You always get the coolest presents!! YOu give them too. I still have my Jackson 5Christmas CD. It now the most popular of Chritsmas tunes.
Ever since I met it, I keep thinking about your pepper mill. I'm so glad you now have a pizza paddle to match.
Happy B-day!
happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish we could have been there to celebrate!
we are SO getting you only oversized gifts from now on. you asked for it...
Happy birthday. Insert joke about how large items make you look like you shrunk a la Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Insert second joke about how you totally jinxed yourself and all future gifts from me will be oversized items. Expect a giant salt-shaker someday.
that is so funny, those items DO make you look tiny. tell rick moranis to stay away.
ps - I bought a pizza stone AND a peel tonight. you are such a bad influence on me! :)
garret, you already got us an oversized whiteboard for a wedding gift.
I must be old. Everybody is referring to, "Honey I shrunk the Kids" and I was thinking about "Alice in Wonderland" after she took the pill to make her small. If you had the Queen of Hearts there it would be complete. Your still young so you could pass for Alice.
While I dont have any "hard" evidence, I think with all these oversized gifts Aaron might be trying to compensate for something.
justin
ouch. that hurst me deep down. and down low too.
Post a Comment