1.17.2008

It's the most horrible time, of the year (to the tune of 'It's the most wonderful time of the year')

So, as football season winds down, I'm mentally bunkering down for the next few months. Right now I'm in a lecture listening to the concept of reduced filament lattice spacing in the sarcomeres of cardiac myocytes. As interesting as cardiovascular physiology can be, the key to my sanity (aside from spending time with Lindsay and Seth of course) is calculated distraction. Planned procrastination. A little bit of mind numbing, TV watching, ESPN-online article-reading, time-wasting. Yes, i need my sports. For some reason or another, basketball doesn't suck my attention like baseball and football do. As a result, February and March are my least favorite months. Once the Super Bowl is over, I will likely feel an emptiness within until late March when the excitement of opening day (baseball) approaches. Sure, I'll spend an inordinate amount of time reading articles about how bad the A's and Giants are going to be, is Johan Santana going to be traded, will Kevin Frandsen replace Ray Durham at second base, etc. etc. Unfortunately, the media spends too much time on Roger Clemens and steroids and not enough time on who's going to play second base. I mean, who IS going to play second base? It's killing me! All this to say that I miss baseball, football is almost over, and I'm gonna need more than March Madness to hold me over until April (I know most people really love College Basketball, and I like it a lot, but it just really doesn't do it for me in the same way). I wish I could get Dominican League baseball on satellite. Oh well. I guess I'll have more time to learn my renal electrolyte gradients, but I might just go crazy doing it.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

guess what months are my favorite? february and march.

Christina said...

You need a hobby!

The Onion said...

I feel your pain bro.