1.27.2013

Lately

A couple weeks ago Lindsay started a new job. After a 3 year hiatus, she's back as a nurse in the operating room.
She's working full time for a while, as she gets her bearings again. In a few weeks she'll likely cut back to a couple/few shifts a week. For now though, we've been adjusting to the schedule of two full-time working parents, which, it turns out, is not so easy. We've been trying to give the kids as much time and attention as possible when we have them.
 
Last week I had MLK day off and Lindsay didn't, so I spent the day with the kids. We went downtown and did some exploring. We went to Pike Place Market and finally had some crumpets at the Crumpet Shop, which we'd been meaning to do for months.
The nutella and raspberry crumpet was a bit of a mess.
We walked all over the place in the cold, and then grabbed some donuts from Top Pot (a Seattle original, and home of the "hand-forged doughnut") to eat at home with hot chocolate. Not the healthiest day in their lives, but Seth did claim it was one of the top 3 best days of his life.
Last weekend we went bowling. Seth loved it. He really wanted to do it right with the correct form.
 It's tough to find a ball that's light enough and with the holes close enough together. He dabbled in a few other techniques.
Stoked.
The sun peaked under the clouds last week and I was able to get some shots of the kids with my big camera. Pretty cute kids if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

Nina said...

Please take your big camera out more Aaron!!

Unknown said...

Love the photos of the kids in the sun! Congrats on the job Lindsay!

Ruth said...

lucky doctors to have you Lindsay. I can't get over what adorable kids you two have!