8.31.2012

Ross Lake


Last month we went on a day trip to a beautiful lake at the Canada border in the North Cascardes National Recreation Area.
It's kind of in the middle of nowhere and represents what is really awesome about Washington--an endless number of beautiful natural places to see.
Just to get to it, you have to hike a mile and then call someone from the tiny little resort across the lake to come pick you up. 
Seth was super excited to go in a boat, which he had never really done before, unless you count the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland. Ada was excited too.
 We rented a motorboat to spend the day on the lake.
They loved it. It was a ridiculously beautiful day.
Seth was SOOOO stoked to steer the boat. He kept saying "I can't believe I was totally in control!" Kinda scary.
Ada got her turn.
She was pooped out before too long, and made herself comfortable for a nap. 
Still water.
Our driver.
There were a ton of these little alcoves to explore with waterfalls feeding into the lake.
I was too busy making sure kids didn't fall into the water to take too many pictures. However, on the hike back to the car I was able to get a quick waterfall shot by resting my camera on a log with the precise amount of shoulder strap crumpled under it to prop it up and frame the shot.
Aaron Rutman Photography: Freshwater

2 comments:

RichRutman said...

peaceful place. I like it.

Pasi said...

What a great day, looks amazing