12.01.2010

Out of Africa, AZ

We drove to Phoenix last week to visit a whole slew of my family that were congregating for Thanksgiving. (Two of my uncles live there). The day after T-day we went to a wildlife park called Out of Africa, in the middle of nowhere about 1.5 hours north of Phoenix in Camp Verde, AZ. They have some cool interactive stuff and the kids loved it.

I also decided to bring my camera despite the fact that it usually means I worry too much about getting photos to enjoy other festivities.  In this case I was glad I did. Some samples of zebra and lion shots:

Nikon 18-200 @35mm, f/7.1, 1/200s

Nikon 18-200 @200mm, f/5.6, 1/1250s

Nikon 18-200 @200mm, f/5.6, 1/1250s

Nikon 18-200 @200mm, f/5.6, 1/1250s

4 comments:

Marcus said...

Brilliant, as ever. I like the idea of a lion encampment in AZ. Will have to visit.

Unknown said...

Middle of nowhere? I grew up 10 minutes from Camp Verde, in Cornville, AZ. Glad you enjoyed it. Awesome pics!

Malerie said...

Incredible photos. And darling kids.

Jeannine said...

Luv the zebra!... And most of all those adorable grandchildren of mine!!!!!!