After my three month internal medicine rotation, I had a week off before starting my OB/GYN rotation, which I am currently two weeks into. That sentence in and of itself could produce countless blog posts, none of which would be interesting to most of the readers of this blog. Suffice to say that childbirth from the bottom end of the table involves every type of bodily fluid simultaneously, and somehow it's a beautiful thing. Anyway, I had a week off, which was pretty awesome after 70 hours/wk of work plus studying when I was home for a couple months. At the beginning of the week Lindsay's parents came down from the bay to see the kiddies, and Lindsay's brother Jeff and his family came down from Medford, OR to enjoy the zoo and seaworld and SoCal in general. Seth loved going to the beach with his grandparents, to the zoo with his cousins, and loved casually showing off to his grandfather his extensive knowledge of African ungulates, identifying everything from the gazelle, to the waterbuck, the topi, the wildebeest, the eland, the springbok, the oryx, and his personal fovorite, the kudu. (Seriously, ask him his favorite animal, he will say kudu). He also got to feed a giraffe at the zoo:
The other highlight of our week was our trip to Portland, OR with friends to go to the wedding of our close friends Jason and Olivia. We had a great time and I took a lot of pictures. Seriously, a lot of pictures. My buddy Pascual and I tag-teamed the photos for the wedding. It was a lot of work but we really had a lot of fun.
Ada at the wedding: Other highlights from the trip include staying in a cool hotel or two, going out to breakfasts and lunches, spending time with other friends from San Diego who went to the wedding, hiking near Multnomah falls (with the aid of friends towing our kids so I could bring my camera gear), and exploring Portland (which, turns out, is a pretty cool city--a residency possibility in a couple years...?)
No comments:
Post a Comment