10.08.2009

Scripps Pier, La Jolla


Nikkor 12-24 @12mm, f/10, 1/400


Nikkor 12-24 @12mm, f/8, 1/250


Nikkor 12-24 @12mm, f/9, 1/320

14 comments:

ReaRiahRoa said...

Beautiful pictures. I have total camera envy! I am glad to see you are well.

Sariah

Aaron said...

the camera is only a small percentage of a picture's quality....

jane maynard said...

good work, aaron!

Travis Atwood said...

Nice work! Great composition and color :)

Marcus said...

Stunning, as usual.

Dave Shields said...

Aaron -- you have an amazing eye for beauty and composition. These shots should be entered in a photo contest.

cara said...

Wow!

Holladay Duplex said...

I can't believe I live here! Amazing picture.

Holladay Duplex said...

s. pictures.

Nancy said...

me likey. the pier feels like it goes forever.

oh and did you use a tripod because i think i have shaky hands (despite VR) and i have the hardest time with apertures above f/8 - maybe i need to take it out of aperture priority and go to manual more often?

Unknown said...

Manual is definitely the best when you really want to control your exposure in shots like these with both very bright and very dark spots, but program mode does a very good job most of the time too, you just have to check the shot and make sure it's choosing the aperture sweet spot you want. All 3 of these were shot with my 12-24mm which does not have VR, and without a tripod, as I wasn't particularly expecting to get these shots and was chasing Seth too. As dark as it was getting, I find that sunsets often have plenty of light at this stage even at mid or high f-stops which are necessary to get a nice depth of field and mire importantly so you can get plenty of color in the sky before blowing out the exposure. I would have preferred to have my tripod though...

T and A said...

oh yeah well it is about 50 out side right now and we have rain so take that CA! :)

Sarah said...

Incredible. There is only so much a camera can do. This is YOU.

Darby Family said...

WOW!!! Those are some great pictures! Amazing talent.