1.24.2009

The Audacity of Seth

Aaron and I are big fans of our new president. Last week I put up a picture of him in Seth's room, hoping to get him to say "Obama" by inauguration day. He's so good at mimicking most things we say, I figured it would be a piece of cake. For some reason, what comes out of his mouth each time sounds nothing like "Obama" and a lot like "dammit". It appears we may have a staunch conservative on our hands. While I want to encourage my kids to think for themselves and thoughtfully develop their own political views, I really didn't think it would start already at age 1.





P.S.--My apologies to Aaron for posting a substandard, blurry picture on our blog, but it was really difficult to get Seth to pose for a picture with his nemesis.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA That's hilarious, that's like the time that we took our lawn sign down after the elections were over. We laid it in our back yard on the cement and when we got our puppy, he chose to pee right on the sign! I took a picture of it and sent it to my dad saying "Uh oh, I think we may have adopted a Republican"

ReaRiahRoa said...

That is quite funny!

My very liberal brother, when he was living with my very-conservative sister, taught my nephew to say Obama a year and a half ago. It was one of his first words and it stayed. When ever seeing signs and such (they don't watch tv), he says "Obama." My sister didn't want to discourage him speaking but gives my brother grief about it till this day. At least now it is dispersed into his expanded repertoire. But she knows we will try to open his eyes to the liberal world anyways.

Ruth said...

so funny!

T and A said...

smart kid :)