9.07.2008

Happy Birthday Aaron

Aaron turned 27 on Tuesday. He never feels like he's getting all that old whenever a birthday comes around, because I'm always 5 years ahead of him. He expressed some discouragement last week as he pondered the idea that he'll never catch up with me. He teases me frequently about my age, and I occasionally try to return the favor by saying stuff like "oh, quit acting like a 27 year old and grow up!"
For his birthday, I helped feed the techno-junky that is my husband, and got him an iPhone. That thing is pretty awesome. It's kind of cute to see him stay up late playing with it, and getting up in the morning and immediately playing with his toy again. I made him his favorite chocolate ganache cake with raspberry coulis and fresh raspberries. Friends came over to help us eat it, and to celebrate Aaron's birth. Thanks for being born, and thanks to Jeannine for birthing him.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Happy Birthday dude. I'll be 27 in a couple months, but people will keep telling me I look like I'm 18.

jane maynard said...

happy birthday (belated) aaron! man, 27? you are such a baby...I'll be joining lindsay's ranks in the 30s next week. wish I was 27!!!

lindsay - that picture is AWESOME. when I finally write about the cake on my blog, maybe I'll have to steal this pic...I know this cake was delicious and I'm sad we couldn't celebrate with you...and not just because we miss your cooking. ;)

Aaron said...

hey, i took the pic, not lindsay....but of course you're welcome to it...

RichRutman said...

Hey I had some in put into making Aaron. (No pun intended)

Dad