I'm about 3 months pregnant, so I figured it's about time to mention it on our blog--especially since we're really excited about it. We're pretty in love with Seth, and part of us can't imagine that rolling the dice with our gametes again could possibly create another child as adorable as him, but we decided to give it a shot.I was spoiled with a really easy Seth pregnancy, but this time around I've been incredibly nauseated and even throwing up. Since the baby is just as much Aaron's as mine, he kindly refers to my illness as "our nausea" (also an Arrested Development reference for you fans out there). If anybody remembers my tale from January of Seth cracking up hysterically while I was vomiting--he still thinks throwing up is hilarious. Food and cooking is usually a major interest of mine, so to lose all interest in it lately has been like losing a good friend. For several weeks, I couldn't stand anything remotely sweet. Ben and Jerry have been sitting in our freezer developing ice crystals. Seth's been eating all the nectarines. Even bran flakes were too sweet, and I just couldn't bring myself to cook dinner anymore. We've somehow survived my first trimester on bagels, crackers, and ramen, and I'm feeling much better lately.
This pregnancy has made for interesting timing with my new job. My blood pressure runs pretty low and I'm especially prone to getting faint while pregnant, which I've unfortunately already demonstrated at work. The difference is, at this hospital, when they help you to a couch to lie down, and bring you some juice--it's fresh squeezed (I'm not kidding). As nice as that is, it doesn't quite make up for the embarrassing attention.
I had to bring Seth with me to a prenatal appointment recently. He's so excited about the new Rut (actually he doesn't get it), he just HAD to lay on my chest and hold me while I got a pelvic exam. It was pretty awkward, but thanks for the support Seth. He's also obsessed with lifting up my shirt to expose my belly, and cuddling on my skin, slapping it, and throwing his weight on my belly. I've got to break him of this habit as the baby grows. I hope it's not indicative of how rough he'll play with the baby.
10 comments:
congrats!
OH MY GOODNESS the second little Rut is already on the way and I haven't even met the first! CONGRATS to you guys, I'm so exicted for you and massively jealous! I can't wait to add little ones to the world myself :)
Congrats you guys!!! Lindsay, I sooo understand the passing out thing... I did it at Costco in the meat department this time around. Very embarrassing!! Especially on senior citizen day.
I'm trying to come up with something funny to say since we all know how awesome I am with children, but I'm drawing a blank. I don't actually get the AD reference, which makes me so ashamed and is a nice incentive for me to go and watch every single ep online for the next 21 straight hours or whatever. Anyway, love you guys, and congrats.
Congratulations ... it's incredible to think you have been married long enough to have two ...
oh how we are getting old!
i'm so sorry you have been feeling crappy. it's pretty miserable. i'm the same with the low blood pressure. people kind of freak about fainting, so it's way embarrassing, even if you know it's no big deal. but we're so excited for you!
yay! congrats you guys!
Wow! Congratulations. Sorry about the feeling crappy. What's the deal with that after the first one being so easy. Dang! BTW, I'm still lusting over that wide aperture lens you have. I'm making Dula get one as soon as he forgets how much I just spent on my new bike.
aaaahhhhh!! congratulations!!! so excited for you!
here i am thinking we're catching up to people with our kid and they go and have #2 and #3...
aaaahhhhh!! congratulations!!! so excited for you!
here i am thinking we're catching up to people with our kid and they go and have #2 and #3...
Post a Comment