4.01.2008

What a difference a year makes, and happy birthday Seth


Last week Seth had his first birthday. Sometimes it blows me away to think how different our lives are from a year ago. Last March (3 weeks before my due date) I worked a busy Monday of back-to-back robotic surgeries, went into labor that afternoon; the next morning I was a Mom and haven't gone back to work since. I can hardly keep my eyes dry when I remember the moment they handed me Seth for the first time. Aaron and I have loved the experience of feeling a whole new kind of love, both for Seth and each other. We really enjoyed our pre-baby independent lifestyle, with money to take exotic trips, eat out at awesome restaurants, go to concerts and shows, and do these things whenever we felt like it. Now that we know what life is like with Seth though, those perks can't bring us half the satisfaction of his smile in the morning as he wakes up Aaron to play in bed, his hysterical laughter, or a good cuddle session. I could go on. The gist is, it's been a wonderful, exhausting, huge change of a year and we've enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats to SETH and to MOM for making it a whole year!!!

Anonymous said...

Everyone should have Seth installments...I love that boy!

Ruth said...

Wow, one year old. What a beautiful boy! Let me know when you update your blog. It's great!