12.27.2007
Progress and our Miniature Boy
As soon as Seth conquered the complications of crawling (i.e. you can't move both legs at the same time and expect to get anywhere), it seems he has been developing at lightning speed. He soon thereafter taught himself to stand up on stuff (then he started falling down and bonking his head), and then to get down from standing up without bonking his head. He can crawl over stuff too (i.e. pillows, me, etc.), so barriers have to be a little more creative. He also likes to mimic now, so he'll clap his hands if you do, or shake his head "no" if you do. His latest trick is peek-a-boo. I've been playing it with him for months, and he loves it. This week he started playing it with me--ducking his head behind the couch and then popping back up and laughing his head off. The kid is hilarious, and a ton of fun. I think he'll be walking soon, although Lindsay's not so sure. We actually made an over-under bet: if he walks before the Super Bowl (first week of February for all those who are not inclined to care about such events) then I don't have to do the dishes for a week without feeling guilty. If it's after the Super-Bowl, then I have to do the dishes three times by myself in a week no matter how much studying I have to do, and she doesn't have to feel guilty about it. (We both hate dishes, and she usually does them because I pretend I'm too busy learning about molecules and diseases so I can cure the world of all it's infirmities). Seth already walks pretty well with us holding his hands, and he does some cruising, so I think my chances are good. I wonder what he would think if he knew his own mother was betting against him. Oh ya, he also empties the dishwasher now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Seth is seriously cute! You'll have to keep us updated on who wins the bet. Paul (Elder Challis) and I are both completely anti-dish washing too ... I should think of a good bet that I could win so that he has to do the dishes FOREVER, bwah ah ah!
Love your blog!
I HATE washing dishes. I think it's the reason I don't cook. Well, one of them. But I would seriously rather vacuum a whole house and clean a bathroom on top of that than do a sinkful of dirty dishes.
Merry Christmas! Brad is glad you like the goat.
p.s. i got a flash for Christmas! kind of like yours! yay!
Post a Comment