
The bearded man in this photo walked into our apartment last week, without knocking, approached Seth, who was on the floor calmly perusing our DVD collection, and terrified him into a screaming fit. The poor little sweety must not have recognized him as our friend Garret, whom he used to know as a newborn. Garret spent the past 6 months hiking the Continental Divide Trail from Mexico to Canada and back again, and continues to flaunt his rugged appearance like a status symbol. During his stay here, Aaron got out the clippers to give himself a haircut and invited Garret to clean up his look and join society again, but he was recalcitrant (not surprising). Anyway, it was great fun having our good old Berkeley pals, Marcus and Garret, stay with us a couple days. Seth even warmed up to Garret a little. While he was holding him, Seth pulled Garret's nasty, sweat-marinated ball cap off his head and started gnawing on it. Garret didn't so much mind, but warned Seth that it was more of a salt-lick than a hat. As for Marcus, he kindly gave us a gift of Halloween trash he picked up outside. It was a piece of a talking balloon, that when you hit it, makes scary Halloween sounds like howling and cackling. Aaron planted it in our bed while I was sleeping, and scared the bejeezers out of me when I rolled over onto it. Then when this thing finally made it to the trash a couple days later, it decided to haunt me again. I had thrown it in Seth's diaper pail, and as I was carrying this bag of poo diapers out to the dumpster, it burst open, spilling all over the ground, to the soundtrack of witch cackles, as if to say--Happy Halloween, here's your poo.
1 comment:
I'm glad the goblins galore gave you several scary surprises. It was so great to see you.
Post a Comment