8.18.2014

Reunited and it feels so good...

We went to Cannon Beach with my side of the family. It was so good to hang out together, get out of the house, and stay in a hotel for a few days away from housework. Most of the time we had clouds and fog--not really what we had envisioned for an August vacation. Thank goodness for the indoor pool and spa, and plenty of good company. We don't really mind beaching it in sweater weather though.
Aaron Rutman Photography: Cannon Beach &emdash;
Aaron got to do his thing...

The weather didn't stop the family from competing in a sandcastle contest with each other. Aaron didn't have his camera there or I would post the photos of the completed projects. The alien landing pad and leprechaun pot of gold with a colored rainbow (food dye sprayed on the sand) were pretty impressive.
Aaron Rutman Photography: Cannon Beach &emdash;

Aaron Rutman Photography: Cannon Beach &emdash;

Aaron Rutman Photography: Cannon Beach &emdash;

Aaron Rutman Photography: Cannon Beach &emdash;
Cousin joy.
Aaron Rutman Photography: Cannon Beach &emdash;

Aaron Rutman Photography: Cannon Beach &emdash;
And more cousin fun.
Aaron Rutman Photography: Cannon Beach &emdash;
No summer vacation is complete without ice cream cones. I let Jay try some of mine as we walked back to the hotel. He was gaga over it. So much for sharing. That little sweetie clung to that cone with a fury.



Our last day there, the clouds parted. My birthday wish was for one beautiful sunset on the trip and I got it. I loved Aaron's shots of Haystack rock in the fog. He was pretty excited for a chance at some color there too.



It was beautiful that night. Walking on the beach with Jay in the carrier, I couldn't imagine being happier. Pretty great way to finish year 38.
Aaron Rutman Photography: Cannon Beach &emdash;

No comments: