We enjoyed magnificent Stanley Park with its beaches, water parks,
totem poles,

and views.

My favorite was the Point Atkinson Lighthouse in West Vancouver.


We hiked in with my tripod and all so I could get some shots.

By the time I was done shooting it was night and we were hiking the mile or so back to the car in the dark. Seth was worried we would get lost.


The next day we ate poutine, a Canadian dish with fries, gravy, and cheese curds. The kids had steamies.

Then we went up to Grouse Mountain via the Skyride.
Seth's favorite was the Birds of Prey show, which I had some great pictures of, but seem to have accidentally purged from my memory card. The peregrine falcon (Seth's favorite animal) will have to simply live on in our memories. Seth had a proud moment during the show when the question was posed "what's the fastest animal in the world?" His hand shot up in the air. Some kid up front blurted out "cheetah!" Seth rolled his eyes and yelled "it's a peregrine falcon!"
Before leaving town we treated ourselves to some delicious Chinese food at a little place strangely called Peaceful Restaurant. Ada was diggin it, and has become quite adept at her own chopstick technique.
Then back to the USA.
1 comment:
So jealous...I've been wanting to do Vancouver and Olympic park for years. Hopefully some day we'll have money and can come up to join you :)
Post a Comment