12.01.2012

Shields Feast of Thankfulness


We spent Thanksgiving Day at my brother Doug's house in Ashland along with my parents and Jeff's family. Ada and I kinda wanted to eat baby Ila. She's delicious.
Ian really wanted to contribute to the meal and takes pride in coming up with his own ideas. He's such an awesome kid. He was going to make pasta with spinach steamed in vinegar. The spinach was rotten and we managed to talk him out of the vinegar. Here he is pondering the green bean pasta concoction he improvised.


Myra setting the mood.
Ada being silly.

When somebody thought to make appetizers to graze on, it was accidentally timed perfectly with the turkey coming out of the oven. Buffalo wings weren't the lightest course to start the feast with, but I think Jeff enjoyed.

   My nieces shared a turkey poem for the official unveiling of the bird. It was pretty dramatic.

The food was awesome. I think our kids only ate rolls with cranberry sauce and Martinelli's, then they went back to endless hours of playing with cousins.

No comments: