We recently discovered Discovery Park, a natural area park within the city that overlooks Puget Sound with views of both
the Cascade and Olympic Mountain ranges. It is huge, with lots of hikes where you go from being in the middle of a forest to meadows to sea cliffs and tidal beaches. I brought my camera and got some shots of the kids,
Ada spent most of the time making a "beaver dam", which consisted of gathering driftwood into piles.


As you can see, Lindsay was very helpful.


Picnic.

The majesty of Mt. Ranier in the distance has nothing on the kids' beaver dam.

They were amazed with the intracacy of this "beaver dam":

Pretty cute kids if I do say so myself:


There is a lighthouse with beautiful views of the Sound. Wish these kayaks were mine.

Seth enjoying the beauty.

I brought my camera, but left my tripod in the car for the hike to the beach, which I kicked myself for. I couldn't get any tack sharp shots, but got a few solid ones. It's a pretty place.

Nikkor 12-24 @12mm, f22, 1/25s

Nikkor 12-24 @12mm, f22, 1/13s


Picnic.

The majesty of Mt. Ranier in the distance has nothing on the kids' beaver dam.

They were amazed with the intracacy of this "beaver dam":

Pretty cute kids if I do say so myself:


There is a lighthouse with beautiful views of the Sound. Wish these kayaks were mine.

Seth enjoying the beauty.

I brought my camera, but left my tripod in the car for the hike to the beach, which I kicked myself for. I couldn't get any tack sharp shots, but got a few solid ones. It's a pretty place.

Nikkor 12-24 @12mm, f22, 1/25s

Nikkor 12-24 @12mm, f22, 1/13s
Nikkor 12-24 @12mm, f22, 0.4s




4 comments:
Keep taking and posting pictures like this (wearing your sweat shirts and your warm clothes - it's been over 100 in La Jolla for the last few days and in the high 90s up here in North County) and you will have me 100% sold on Seattle very quickly!
We saw a clip of a movie with a character stuffing its face with food and Sam immediately said, "That's just like Seth!" Apparently it's just like Ada, too. Those kids of yours are gorgeous (not bad photography, either), we're glad you're enjoying the area so much. Wish we could come on these outings!
Best Picture of the group, Ada stuffing her face with what appears to be apples. between Mt Rainer and Ada, there is no contest. Ada wins!
Ada is so beautiful. She's grown so much since med school...amazing. Can't wait to get up to Seattle to see you and the kids. And some great shots at the end, tripod or no. Glad you're in the PNW buddy.
Post a Comment