5.20.2012

T-ball

It's been really fun the last few months watching Seth's baseball skills develop in T-ball.  It's probably just as much fun for me as it is for him. It's pretty much the reason I had kids.

They start the year just learning where the positions in the field are, to hit off the tee, and how to run the bases. Half way into the year they put the tee aside and transition to coach-pitch for the kids who can do it. Seth really loves it, because it's more like real baseball.

Before each pitch, I tell him to "get angry" so he'll swing hard.  I love his expressions.


He's definitely more into the hitting than fielding part. He is 5 after all. We're constantly reminding the kids to face the batter so they don't get hit by the ball.













He gets a little disappointed that we don't keep score at this level. He's so competitive, he just wants to win. He is always asking me about next year, to make sure they'll get to keep score when he's in the next step up.


Video montage of the year:

And I can't help but link to this video from a few years ago when he had just turned 3:

3 comments:

Marcus said...

Best baseball I've ever seen!

RichRutman said...

You need to enlarge each of these photos to really appreciate each one individually. The first one with the look on Seth's face says he is in this game to stay with a vengeance. The second photo with Aaron's mouth open says he wants his turn at bat.

Jason Kroening-Roche said...

Yes! I have been waiting for this Seth's whole life too. He's almost as competitive as you Aaron :)