7.26.2010
The Dance
Seth gave up diapers about 3 months ago. I was recently going through our videos and found several attempts I made at capturing Seth's "pee pee dance". On the tail end of his diaper-wearing days, he loved shaking his hips to make his nasty, full diaper swing between his legs. He did it with such joy, I couldn't help but find it amusing.
Although it's nice to have our diaper bill cut in half now, Seth is striving his best to make up for it with his toilet paper and hand soap use. Somehow he decided that the front of his underpants is called "the penis." He likes to wear his underwear backwards so he can see the big cartoons in the front. Whenever I try to suggest he wear them correctly, he gets very upset and says "I don't want to see the penis!" I can only imagine the confusion when I leave him in somebody else's care if they should ever help him get dressed.
When he started going in the potty, I gave him a lot of verbal praise to encourage him. Seth's unfortunate take-home message was that I am passionately interested in examining his byproducts. Months later, I don't know how to break it to him that I really don't want to look at his waste. He's so proud though, and thinks it's such a surprise to me every time. He'll come find me after he's used the bathroom and say "Come look-- I did something." Whenever I dare suggest "Is it pee pee?" or "Did you go poo?" He fiercely says "Don't say that!" I have to go look in the toilet and be amazed at what I find. He doesn't realize it's hard to be surprised when it's the same two things every time.
Like finding shapes in the clouds, he's also into describing his feces as the two of us stand and admire his creations. Off the top of my head, he's made a sea horse, bat ray, arm, candy cane, and when it's really big he just says "maybe we should call dad and tell him."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
that boy has moves!
LOVE IT!
hahahahaha. i love the comment "maybe we should call dad and tell him"
HILARIOUS Lindsay! Instead of "Don't say that!" my kids say "Just come look!" and Connor also describes his. His carrot was probably his best work of art. The right colors in the right places and everything! They also suggest I call dad or get the camera.
That is hilarious! You've got to hand it to him though for his imagination and creativity with the "feces shapes"
Lindsay, that is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. You had Liv and I rolling as I read it aloud to her.
High five Seth for us... that's the funniest thing maria and I have read for a while!
Post a Comment