2.22.2010

Scripps Pier La Jolla (encore)

Perhaps my subject matter is a bit repetitive: sunsets, piers, oceans, waves, sand. It's just the prettiest closest thing. I could probably fill a book with pictures of just the Scripps pier alone. I guess I'm still trying to get the perfect shot. I also love how every sunset is so different. The light is so different day to day, the sky is different, the tides are different. So I'm not tired of it yet.

Nikon 12-24mm @12mm, f/6.3, 1/160s

Nikon 12-24mm @12mm, f/7.1, 1/200s

Nikon 12-24mm @12mm, f/20, 10s

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, Aaron. You did mention in your previous post how rad Lindsay is, but in this post you said that the "prettiest, closest thing" was this pier, beach, etc. Do you want to restate that?

Nancy said...

prettiest, closest, inaminate thing, maybe.

i would go take pictures of that every day too. holy cow.

Jeannine said...

Awesome. I am glad we have one of these photos to look at all the time...Thanks

Lindsay said...

thanks for looking out for me jenn. still waiting for you to restate that aaron...
(i'm imagining how comical it would be if you were obsessed with taking photos of me however, and displaying them largely on our blog every other week)

Aaron said...

i think the context of the statement was clear. no restating, just to spite you all.

Nancy said...

We are driving through gilroy smelling garlic and thinking of you guys. :)

Aaron said...

mmmm, garlic. c'est chez moi.

RichRutman said...

This last one in this set is my favorite. Very nice composition and light.