7.20.2009

Come home Dad


Now that I'm out of the classroom and working in the hospital, I no longer have the option to study/work at home. I'm usually gone when Seth wakes up in the morning so most of the time he doesn't see me until I get home later in the evening. Lindsay says he asks about me all the time, and sometimes gets upset that I'm not around. Sometimes he calls and leaves messages on my voicemail--it's usually something that makes me want to quit medicine and be a stay-at-home dad, like the above message he left last week. I haven't erased it from my phone yet.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Sweetness. That boy is so darling. How can you be so mean, Aaron?! Quit medicine this instant and never leave the house again!!!! (I'm sure that helps, doesn't it.) I can't stop listening to his tender plea. I miss you guys!!!

Eliza said...

You are definitely loved! Peter always has such a hard time when Paul's not around too and he asks constantly "is Daddy coming home soon? As fast as he can?"

banananutmeg said...

heart breaking! After hearing that, I promise to never do this to my husband again. I often let the kids leave messages telling him to come hom...never again!

RichRutman said...

Aaron this is only the beginning. It never is easy being a Dad. At least he misses you. Would you rather he be glad when you were gone. You must be doing something right. That is what FHE is for. To reconnect. Now give him something to be proud of an be the best Dad/Doctor you can be. Just make him the priority. STAT

Lindsay said...

don't worry rich, aaron's already good at making seth a priority.

Ruth said...

-ironic that the time when kids need their dads around the most are when they are the most busy with schooling and work. very sweet.

Janci said...

Oh now that just isn't fair. HEART MELTING! HAHA He's the cutest!

Jeannine said...

Don't ever delete this!! Everytime I need a Seth fix I listen to it. It is priceless. Luv you all!!