9.01.2007
Where are the bumper stickers?
One of the most obvious differences between San Diego and the Berkeley/Oakland area, is the lack of preachy, political bumper stickers here. Aaron and I are generally opposed to trashing our cars with stickers, but we even got into the Berkeley spirit when we got a sticker from a foundation we feel passionately about (Save Darfur). It's in the window of our Honda, which pretty much looks like a piece of trash anyway (partly because it's old and we never wash it). I'm probably safer on the road now that I'm never straining to read messages on people's cars. The only bumper sticker I've seen in San Diego so far, just said "Notary Public". Do these people really need to drum up enthusiasm for notarizing stuff? What more could I notarize if I felt compelled? Maybe it could make a cute addition to otherwise casual notes that I sign. The notaries out there probably just have a brotherhood thing going. Anyway, La Jolla is certainly lacking the hippy spirit we're accustomed to, and the cars look a lot sharper here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Today I saw a bumper sticker for Wicca: "Where there's a witch there's a way."
Post a Comment